Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Beth Orsoff

Excerpt from the Writer's Guide to E-Publishing's My Journey from Failed Mid-Lister to Successful Author, by Beth Orsoff

Thanksgiving weekend I uploaded all three books to B&N via their PubIt program.  I sold 9 books at B&N in November.  In December I sold 500 books at B&N.  In January 2011 I sold almost 7000 books at B&N.  Between Amazon and B&N, I sold over 13,000 books in January.  Will I continue to sell books at that rate?  I don’t know.  But I’ve already had much more success as a self-published author than I ever did as a traditionally published author, plus I get to write the books I want to write, choose my own covers, and publish on my schedule, not someone else’s.
Is self-publishing for everyone?  No.  Is my success typical?  Probably not.  But if you’ve followed the rules of publishing i.e., learned your craft, written good books, perhaps even landed an agent, and you still can’t get a traditional publisher to take a chance on you, why not self-publish?  What have you got to lose?
Read the whole guess post by Beth Orsoff here:
http://thewritersguidetoepublishing.com/my-journey-from-failed-mid-lister-to-successful-author-by-beth-orsoff


She also wrote this very helpful article for writers.  Lot of good and useful advice.
http://bethorsoff.com/for-writers/


She recently shared her sales number (over 75,000) with this blog.  Thanks Beth and congratulations on your success.


Highlighting the author's 4 books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment