Monday, April 2, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Karen Cantwell

Excerpt from Kirkus ReviewsKaren Cantwell's Success with 'Take the Monkeys and Run' (Dec 4, 2011)

When she reached the semifinals but didn’t land a publishing contract, she took the feedback she had received, did some rewriting, including changing the title to Take the Monkeys and Run, and restarted the querying process. Despite some interest, traditional publishing was a no-go. So Cantwell went back to Amazon, self-published through Kindle and has now sold nearly 28,000 e-books since June 15, 2010.

Follow the link to read the whole article/interview:
http://www.kirkusreviews.com/blog/fiction/monkey-business-karen-cantwell/


The author also generously shared her sales number with other writers on Kindle Boards Writers' Cafe. (March 20, 2012)

Interesting thread!  My husband and I were just talking about this today, wondering if I'd hit 100K yet - I was sure I was far from it, but just counted and find I'm not as far as I thought:  currently at 86K since July of 2010.


Highlighting some of the author's books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment