Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Ruth Cardello

Her first blog post about her Ebook Experiment (April 29, 2011)
excerpt from Week One of e publishing

I'd just about given up on getting my Maid for the Billionaire published this year. The Presents editor said she liked my story, but it wasn't a fit. I've sent it around since, and it was a no go. Same response repeatedly....."Good writing, just not what we're looking for right now. Do you have anything else?"

New job. New baby. Maid for the Billionaire sat on my desktop for six months.

Then, about a week ago, my brother came over and told me that the RIRW meeting I'd missed had been all about epublishing your own book.

And I thought -- why not? 
[ . . . . ]



Fast forward 10 months later (Feb 15, 2012)
Excerpt from I'm doing it! I'm quitting my day job!

My combined earnings from my book sales on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and iTunes have now exceeded $80,000 (in about 6 months).  That kind of income makes it possible for me to ask for an unpaid leave of absence from my day job for a year and write, write, write.

It's scary and exciting and...did I mention scary?  I've got kids and a mortgage.  What if this doesn't work? 
[. . . . .]

Follow her self-publishing journey from the beginning here (first blog post):
 http://ruth-ebookexperiment.blogspot.com/2011/04/week-one-of-e-publishing.html


What amazing is that she is achieving all this with her second book.  She gave her first book of the series away for free.  The strategy has worked out very well for her:

My first book, Maid for the Billionaire, is FREE. My sales were from my second book, For Love or Legacy, which was put up at the end of August (2011) and broke the 50,000 in sales by the end of February 2012.
What an inspirational list to be on. Self-publishing is such an area of opportunity at this time...and I'm so grateful to be a part of it.


Highlighting the author's 2 books (the first book is FREE): 




Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers



No comments:

Post a Comment